Thursday, July 30, 2009

What jobs can I get with an associates degree in Early Childhood Development?

I am thinking about taking an online course for my associates degree in Early Childhood Development. What kind of jobs can I get with this degree?

What jobs can I get with an associates degree in Early Childhood Development?
While state laws vary, I am sure you will need for entry level at minimum your BA for most school positions. However, while you are obtaining your necessary credentials for your license you can surely work in a private setting such as a "Tutor Time" (they are all over the US) or even as a classroom aide. Some private catholic schools might even accept your credentials as is while you obtain license, especially in the Early Childhood area. Contact your local state dept of ed for more info. Good luck
Reply:The main job that you can get is as a teacher assistant or even a lead teacher at child care center depending on the state that you are in.





Unfortunately, most states will not allow AA degreed students to teach in public schools; you have to have a bachelor's degree from a teacher education program to do that.





My best of fortune to you:)


No comments:

Post a Comment