Friday, July 31, 2009

Another tax question. I had two jobs last year, both in different states. Do I need more than a 1080 EZ?

I know the form I will use is 1080 EZ, but does the fact that I had 2 jobs in seperate states change anything? Also, the taxes I paid at 1 job were only like 10 bucks, do I even need to file that?

Another tax question. I had two jobs last year, both in different states. Do I need more than a 1080 EZ?
No matter what state you worked in, you report your income on one Federal Return. There is no such thing as a 1080ez form. You must have meant 1040ez. If you got a W-2 from your employer, you should report it because they have that information already. You do not have to file at all if you are single and didn't make more than $8,750, but if you made $3,000 or more, you should file so you will get your stimulus payment. See more info at www.irs.gov


You will need to get a State tax return to fill out for the two separate states you worked in.


No comments:

Post a Comment