Monday, May 24, 2010

What sorts of entry-level jobs can I find in Social Services?

I am a college graduate with a degree in English. However, I have been working as a counselor in a Youth Shelter for the past year and I have become interested in the field of social services. I have recently been looking for higher-paying jobs in this field, but I find that many of these jobs ask for a college background in Social Work. What types of entry-level jobs that pay at least $25,000 a year might I be qualified for with my experience and education background?

What sorts of entry-level jobs can I find in Social Services?
You will find that any job that requires specialized training or pays better will often seek Social work degrees first. However, if you are in an area with a small pool of BSW's this will work to your advantage. You will find group home, and recreation programs the easiest to get in. Some dept of social services may be an option. Also working with the elderly may be an option. DA


No comments:

Post a Comment