Friday, May 21, 2010

What is the best way to apply for jobs across country.?

I live in Washington state, and I am moving to Buffalo, NY. I am not very old so I dont have a spectacular resume or anything but I am a good worker and I do have many skills. I have tried to apply for some jobs over there but no one will even respond! I want to have a job lined up before I go.

What is the best way to apply for jobs across country.?
Apply on-line. Most if not all corporations have a website and they will have careers listed on-line and guidelines for applying on-line. Include in your cover letter that you are relocating to that area so they know you will be in the area, many companies don't like to hire people who are not local except for very high end jobs, then often they are hiring them away form a competitor and paying for them to relocate. Most lower level jobs don't pay you to relocate so companies will shy away from out of town applicants. It might get easier once you have a local address also, then you can put it on your resume and use your current out of town address for a mailing address.
Reply:www.monster.com


No comments:

Post a Comment