Friday, May 21, 2010

Does anybody know any good entry-level jobs in terms of airport operations?

Hello, everyone- I'm a freshman in high school and I need to write a report on what type of job I would like to have when I would get older. From a question that I posted earlier, I have found myself wanting a job in **airport operations** Does anybody know any goo 'entry-level' jobs for airport operations?





..my teacher is very picky and wants entry level jobs only for the report, not management jobs=/





Thanks, and happy holidays!

Does anybody know any good entry-level jobs in terms of airport operations?
there really aren't any 'entry level' jobs in operations....the best you can do is hope to get on as maintenance or grounds crews and work your way up from there....the 'operations' side of things are more than entry level positions...at least at the airport that i work at....we're a large airport with multiple runways and passenger and cargo ops, and the operations positions pertain to day to day operations of the airport at the management or administrative levels or above.....but there are plenty of entry level jobs in ramp agents, cargo agents, ground handling of aircraft, any type of security screening, skycaps, those types of things
Reply:I work for the airlines and they offer lots of various jobs. Like Customer Service Agent (Check In Counter), Crew Scheduling, Reservations, Ramp Agents, Fuelers. Actually Mechanics and those positions require schooling and a A%26amp;P license. If you grow with the company like the one Im with they are willing to pay for schooling such as Dispatch school and even offer you opportunities to fly with limited hours. Usually the best ones to initially work are Regional and they are willing to help you grow. I started as a customer service agent and I will be going to Dispatch school within the next few months for being with company less than a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment