Sunday, August 2, 2009

How well do they research employer history for government jobs?

I really really need a job, and hopefully a decent one. My work history isn't the best because of a lot of moving and living out of country and some bad expirences. So I would like to know how well they look in to your past work history, I would just like to put one of my jobs down and leave it at that, but I know from the past some jobs require all sorts of things like a criminal screening (not a problem) and your full work history of anything you ever done. So please state, government workers give me an answer. By the way this is just for a library clerk.

How well do they research employer history for government jobs?
The only risk you may assume by omitting employers it that when they do the background check (this includes financial) they will see that you have filed W2s or things of that sort under other companies. Tax history is a huge give away for ANY employer to verify where you have worked and for how long.


I dont think your situation is anything to be concerned about but in the future keep that in mind!!


Good luck!!
Reply:If you have no problems with your legal history and you haven't been fired for drinking on the job, you should be fine. Library clerk is probably pretty low on the 'screening for terrorists' radar.


No comments:

Post a Comment